Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
- Wool Washer Feeder
- Woodworking Machine Offbearer
- Woodworking Machine Feeder
- Wood Scrap Handler
- Wood Handler
- Wire Threader
- Wire Charger
- Wet Machine Cutter
- Wet Cotton Feeder
- Weight Checker
- Add chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.
- Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
- Shovel or scoop materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage, or transport.
- Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
- Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $32,930 with most people making between $21,730 and $47,100
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 4,920 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 4,990 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 7 openings due to growth and about 113 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
- Construction Laborers
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Molding and Casting Workers
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand