Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
- Wool Washer Feeder
- Woodworking Machine Offbearer
- Woodworking Machine Feeder
- Wood Scrap Handler
- Wood Handler
- Wire Threader
- Wire Charger
- Wet Machine Cutter
- Wet Cotton Feeder
- Weight Checker
- Add chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.
- Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
- Shovel or scoop materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage, or transport.
- Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
- Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: I.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $32,930 with most people making between $21,730 and $47,100
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 4,920 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 4,990 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 7 openings due to growth and about 113 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
- Construction Laborers
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Molding and Casting Workers
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand