Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.
- Tiedown Operator
- Team Automobile Assembler
- Team Assembly Line Machine Operator
- Team Assembler
- Sub-Assembly Team Worker
- Quality Control Associate
- Production Technologist
- Operate machinery and heavy equipment, such as forklifts.
- Supervise assemblers and train employees on job procedures.
- Provide assistance in the production of wiring assemblies.
- Maintain production equipment and machinery.
- Determine work assignments and procedures.
- Complete production reports to communicate team production level to management.
- Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
- Shovel, sweep, or otherwise clean work areas.
- Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
- Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $31,590 with most people making between $19,440 and $47,070
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 36,670 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 37,900 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 123 openings due to growth and about 787 replacement openings for approximately 910 total annual openings.
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Semiconductor Processors
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders