Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
- Prototype Deicer Assembler
- Production Worker
- Printed Circuit Boards Lamination Assembler
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Repairer
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Group Leader
- Printed Circuit Board Assembler
- Pre Assembly Wirer
- Plug Wirer
- Plastic Battery Assembler
- Phonograph Cartridge Assembler
- Paint structures as specified, using paint sprayers.
- Instruct customers in the installation, repair, or maintenance of products.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
- Distribute materials, supplies, or subassemblies to work areas.
- Complete, review, or maintain production, time, or component waste reports.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
- Fabricate or form parts, coils, or structures according to specifications, using drills, calipers, cutters, or saws.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $35,840 with most people making between $22,270 and $50,640
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 9,370 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 9,290 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 120 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Solderers and Brazers
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Semiconductor Processors
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders