Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
- Prototype Deicer Assembler
- Production Worker
- Printed Circuit Boards Lamination Assembler
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Repairer
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Group Leader
- Printed Circuit Board Assembler
- Pre Assembly Wirer
- Plug Wirer
- Plastic Battery Assembler
- Phonograph Cartridge Assembler
- Paint structures as specified, using paint sprayers.
- Instruct customers in the installation, repair, or maintenance of products.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
- Distribute materials, supplies, or subassemblies to work areas.
- Complete, review, or maintain production, time, or component waste reports.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
- Fabricate or form parts, coils, or structures according to specifications, using drills, calipers, cutters, or saws.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: I.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $35,840 with most people making between $22,270 and $50,640
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 9,370 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 9,290 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 120 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Solderers and Brazers
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Semiconductor Processors
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders