Move or install mobile homes or prefabricated buildings.
- Window and Siding Craftsman
- Utility Worker
- Truck Driver
- Set Up Technician
- Modular Set Crew Member
- Modular Home Crew Member
- Mobile Homes Repairer
- Mobile Home Technician
- Mobile Home Set-Up Person
- Mobile Home Servicer
- Refinish wood surfaces on cabinets, doors, moldings, and floors, using power sanders, putty, spray equipment, brushes, paints, or varnishes.
- Connect electrical systems to outside power sources and activate switches to test the operation of appliances and light fixtures.
- Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
- Locate and repair frayed wiring, broken connections, or incorrect wiring, using ohmmeters, soldering irons, tape, and hand tools.
- Repair leaks in plumbing or gas lines, using caulking compounds and plastic or copper pipe.
- Reset hardware, using chisels, mallets, and screwdrivers.
- Install, repair, and replace units, fixtures, appliances, and other items and systems in mobile and modular homes, prefabricated buildings, or travel trailers, using hand tools or power tools.
- Confer with customers or read work orders to determine the nature and extent of damage to units.
- List parts needed, estimate costs, and plan work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, and diagrams.
- Remove damaged exterior panels, repair and replace structural frame members, and seal leaks, using hand tools.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $29,330 with most people making between $21,120 and $41,790
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 220 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 150 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.
- Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Motorboat Operators