Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of mechanics, installers, and repairers.
- Wireworker Supervisor
- Wire Chief
- Wheel Shop Supervisor
- Welding Equipment Repairer Supervisor
- Water Softener Service Supervisor
- Utility Mechanic Supervisor
- Utilities and Maintenance Supervisor
- Truck Repair Supervisor
- Transmission Supervisor
- Transmission Maintenance Supervisor
- Design equipment configurations to meet personnel needs.
- Meet with vendors or suppliers to discuss products used in repair work.
- Develop or implement electronic maintenance programs or computer information management systems.
- Compile operational or personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair or maintenance statistics, or test results.
- Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of work bid from contractors.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, or job orders to construct templates and lay out reference points for workers.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration, coordinating purchasing and documentation and monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Perform skilled repair or maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand or power tools, hydraulic presses or shears, or welding equipment.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Working Conditions and Achievement in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $68,940 with most people making between $42,730 and $100,310
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 16,540 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 17,570 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 103 openings due to growth and about 327 replacement openings for approximately 430 total annual openings.
- Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Food Service Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- First-Line Supervisors of Aquacultural Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Ship and Boat Captains
- Ship Engineers