Help painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or stucco masons by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Wallpaperer Helper
- Wallpaper Hanger Helper
- Wallpaper Hanger
- Wallboard Worker
- Swimming Pool Plasterer Helper
- Stucco Laborer
- Smooth Stucco Resurfacer
- Shipyard Painter Helper
- Shipyard Helper
- Ship Painter Helper
- Pour specified amounts of chemical solutions into stripping tanks.
- Remove articles such as cabinets, metal furniture, and paint containers from stripping tanks after prescribed periods of time.
- Place articles to be stripped into stripping tanks.
- Mix plaster, and carry plaster to plasterers.
- Smooth surfaces of articles to be painted, using sanding and buffing tools and equipment.
- Supply or hold tools and materials.
- Fill cracks or breaks in surfaces of plaster articles or areas with putty or epoxy compounds.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Apply protective coverings, such as masking tape, to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes.
- Perform support duties to assist painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or masons.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $25,670 with most people making between $18,870 and $39,480
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 190 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 230 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 4 openings due to growth and about 6 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.
- Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals
- Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Fence Erectors
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Packers and Packagers, Hand
- Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors