Help electricians by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Utilities Ground Worker
- Unindentured Apprentice
- Tower Erector Helper
- Stage Electrician Helper
- Protective Signal Repairer Helper
- Protective Signal Installer Helper
- Marine Electrician Helper
- Journeyman Electrician
- House Wirer Helper
- Paint a variety of objects related to electrical functions.
- Operate cutting torches and welding equipment, while working with conduit and metal components to construct devices associated with electrical functions.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Trim trees and clear undergrowth along right-of-way.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- String transmission lines or cables through ducts or conduits, under the ground, through equipment, or to towers.
- Requisition materials, using warehouse requisition or release forms.
- Break up concrete, using airhammer, to facilitate installation, construction, or repair of equipment.
- Raise, lower, or position equipment, tools, and materials, using hoist, hand line, or block and tackle.
- Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or supports.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Physics - Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, atomic and sub- atomic structures and processes.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $31,610 with most people making between $22,620 and $43,460
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,490 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 1,750 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 26 openings due to growth and about 24 replacement openings for approximately 50 total annual openings.
- Construction Laborers
- Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders