Apply a mixture of cement, sand, pigment, or marble chips to floors, stairways, and cabinet fixtures to fashion durable and decorative surfaces.
- Terrazzo Worker Apprentice
- Terrazzo Worker
- Terrazzo Tile Setter
- Terrazzo Roller
- Terrazzo Polisher
- Terrazzo Mechanic
- Terrazzo Layer
- Terrazzo Laborer
- Terrazzo Journeyman
- Terrazzo Installer
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Remove frames when the foundation is dry.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
- Build wooden molds, clamping molds around areas to be repaired, or setting up frames to the proper depth and alignment.
- Wet concrete surface and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
- Precast terrazzo blocks in wooden forms.
- Repair concrete by cutting out damaged areas, drilling holes for reinforcing rods, and positioning reinforcing rods, using power saw and drill.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Move terrazzo installation materials, tools, machines, or work devices to work areas, manually or using wheelbarrow.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: R.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $48,080 with most people making between $26,680 and $75,560
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 100 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 110 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.