Operate one or more of a variety of office machines, such as photocopying, photographic, and duplicating machines, or other office machines.
- Xerox Machine Operator
- Transit Proof Machine Operator
- Transit Department Clerk
- Transit Clerk
- Ticket Machine Operator
- Set-O-Type Operator
- Scanning Clerk
- Reprographics Technician
- Reprographics Associate
- Recordak Operator
- Move heat units and clamping frames over screen beds to form Braille impressions on pages, raising frames to release individual copies.
- Cut copies apart and write identifying information, such as page numbers or titles, on copies.
- Clean and file master copies or plates.
- Prepare and process papers for use in scanning, microfilming, and microfiche.
- Maintain stock of supplies, and requisition any needed items.
- Operate auxiliary machines such as collators, pad and tablet making machines, staplers, and paper punching, folding, cutting, and perforating machines.
- File and store completed documents.
- Clean machines, perform minor repairs, and report major repair needs.
- Monitor machine operation, and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Load machines with materials such as blank paper or film.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: I.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $29,470 with most people making between $18,010 and $43,780
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 2,960 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 2,300 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 70 replacement openings for approximately 70 total annual openings.
- Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Food Batchmakers
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
- Molding and Casting Workers
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Machine Feeders and Offbearers