Operate data entry device, such as keyboard or photo composing perforator. Duties may include verifying data and preparing materials for printing.
- Verifying Machine Operator
- Verifier Operator
- Varitype Operator
- Underwriting Support Specialist
- Planograph Operator
- Photocomposition Keyboard Operator
- Photocomposing Perforator Machine Operator
- Photocomposing Keyboard Operator
- Personal Computer Specialist (PC Specialist)
- Resolve garbled or indecipherable messages, using cryptographic procedures and equipment.
- Load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media.
- Select materials needed to complete work assignments.
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CRE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Realistic and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $31,240 with most people making between $20,800 and $45,030
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 10,260 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 9,720 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 130 replacement openings for approximately 130 total annual openings.