Interview persons desiring to open accounts in financial institutions. Explain account services available to prospective customers and assist them in preparing applications.
- Universal Banker
- Savings Counselor
- Sales Specialist
- Safe Deposit Box Rental Clerk
- Retail Service Representative
- Retail Personal Banker
- Retail Banker
- Relationship Manager
- Relationship Banker
- Personal Banking Representative
- Schedule repairs for locks on safe-deposit boxes.
- Duplicate records for distribution to branch offices.
- Issue initial and replacement safe-deposit keys to customers, and admit customers to vaults.
- Obtain credit records from reporting agencies.
- Process loan applications.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Investigate and correct errors upon customers' request, according to customer and bank records.
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening accounts or renting safe-deposit boxes.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $31,760 with most people making between $25,150 and $40,070
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,150 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 990 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 30 replacement openings for approximately 30 total annual openings.
- Loan Officers
- Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Statement Clerks
- Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Brokerage Clerks
- Customer Service Representatives
- Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Legal Secretaries
- Insurance Claims Clerks