Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of clerical and administrative support workers.
- Word Processing Supervisor
- Weigh Boss
- Warranty Manager
- Warranty Administrator
- Ward Service Supervisor
- Want Ad Supervisor
- Underwriting Clerks Supervisor
- Typists Supervisor
- Typing Section Chief
- Typing Pool Supervisor
- Plan layouts of stockrooms, warehouses, or other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, or related factors pertaining to items stored.
- Arrange for necessary maintenance or repair work.
- Plan for or coordinate office services, such as equipment or supply acquisition or organization, disposal of assets, relocation, parking, maintenance, or security services.
- Monitor inventory levels and requisition or purchase supplies as needed.
- Coordinate or perform activities associated with shipping, receiving, distribution, or transportation.
- Discuss work problems or grievances with union representatives.
- Keep informed of provisions of labor-management agreements and their effects on departmental operations.
- Design, implement, or evaluate staff training and development programs, customer service initiatives, or performance measurement criteria.
- Analyze financial activities of establishments or departments and provide input into budget planning and preparation processes.
- Develop work schedules according to budgets and workloads.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $59,750 with most people making between $34,620 and $91,030
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 55,550 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 58,460 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 291 openings due to growth and about 839 replacement openings for approximately 1,130 total annual openings.
- Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Human Resources Specialists
- Loan Officers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Financial Services