Sell goods or services door-to-door or on the street.
- Truck Caterer
- Subscription Agent
- Street Vendor
- Souvenir Street Vendor
- Sandwich Peddler
- Sandwich and Drink Cart Operator
- Sales Vendor
- Sales Representative
- Route Carrier
- Stock carts or stands.
- Set up and display sample merchandise at parties or stands.
- Order or purchase supplies.
- Distribute product samples or literature that details products or services.
- Develop prospect lists.
- Circulate among potential customers or travel by foot, truck, automobile, or bicycle to deliver or sell merchandise or services.
- Answer questions about product features and benefits.
- Arrange buying parties and solicit sponsorship of such parties to sell merchandise.
- Contact customers to persuade them to purchase merchandise or services.
- Explain products or services and prices and demonstrate use of products.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: C.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Achievement and Independence in their jobs.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $38,250 with most people making between $21,300 and $69,450
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,840 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 1,800 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 20 replacement openings for approximately 20 total annual openings.