Operate real estate office, or work for commercial real estate firm, overseeing real estate transactions. Other duties usually include selling real estate or renting properties and arranging loans.
- Maintain working knowledge of various factors that determine a farm's capacity to produce, such as agricultural variables and proximity to market centers and transportation facilities.
- Review property details to ensure that environmental regulations are met.
- Give buyers virtual tours of properties in which they are interested, using computers.
- Develop, sell, or lease property used for industry or manufacturing.
- Arrange for financing of property purchases.
- Supervise agents who handle real estate transactions.
- Appraise property values, assessing income potential when relevant.
- Arrange for title searches of properties being sold.
- Maintain awareness of current income tax regulations, local zoning, building and tax laws, and growth possibilities of the area where a property is located.
- Rent properties or manage rental properties.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Achievement and Relationships in their jobs.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $77,290 with most people making between $19,480 and $184,960
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 2,110 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 2,120 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about 19 replacement openings for approximately 20 total annual openings.
- Transportation Managers
- Storage and Distribution Managers
- Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Customs Brokers
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Municipal Clerks