Model garments or other apparel and accessories for prospective buyers at fashion shows, private showings, or retail establishments. May pose for photos to be used in magazines or advertisements. May pose as subject for paintings, sculptures, and other types of artistic expression.
- Inform prospective purchasers about models, numbers, and prices of garments, the garments' designers, and where garments can be purchased.
- Hand out samples or gifts, demonstrate products, and converse with children and adults while dressed in costume.
- Stand, turn, and walk to demonstrate features of garments for observers at fashion shows, private showings, and retail establishments.
- Wear character costumes and impersonate characters portrayed to amuse children and adults.
- Dress in sample or completed garments, and select accessories.
- Pose as directed, or strike suitable interpretive poses for promoting and selling merchandise or fashions during appearances, filming, or photo sessions.
- Make many quick changes backstage during fashion shows and yet maintain poised appearance before audiences.
- Promote products and services in television commercials, on film, or in videos.
- Display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements, or fashion shows.
- Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as color, camera techniques, and facial features.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CSI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Social and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Recognition and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Fine Arts - Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $42,550 with most people making between $25,950 and $52,110
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 130 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 140 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation
- Floral Designers
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Funeral Attendants
- Door-To-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Couriers and Messengers
- Stock Clerks, Sales Floor