Contact new or existing customers to determine their solar equipment needs, suggest systems or equipment, or estimate costs.
- Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Vice President Residential Solar Sales
- Vice President Business Development and Marketing
- Solar/Renewable Energy Sales
- Solar System Designer
- Solar Site Assessment Specialist
- Solar Sales Specialist
- Solar Sales Representative and Assessor
- Solar Sales Representative
- Solar Sales Rep
- Demonstrate use of solar and related equipment to customers or dealers.
- Create customized energy management packages to satisfy customer needs.
- Develop marketing or strategic plans for sales territories.
- Prepare or review detailed design drawings, specifications, or lists related to solar installations.
- Assess sites to determine suitability for solar equipment, using equipment such as tape measures, compasses, and computer software.
- Take quote requests or orders from dealers or customers.
- Generate solar energy customer leads to develop new accounts.
- Calculate potential solar resources or solar array production for a particular site considering issues such as climate, shading, and roof orientation.
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment, and services to potential customers or dealers.
- Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $99,650 with most people making between $44,250 and $169,720
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 10,590 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 10,910 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 32 openings due to growth and about 218 replacement openings for approximately 250 total annual openings.