Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Achievement and Recognition in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Geography - Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $42,150 with most people making between $20,880 and $60,130
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 2,860 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 2,560 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 40 replacement openings for approximately 40 total annual openings.
- Tax Preparers
- Retail Salespersons
- Bill and Account Collectors
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Customer Service Representatives
- Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Insurance Claims Clerks