Buy and sell securities and commodities to transfer debt, capital, or risk. Establish and negotiate unit prices and terms of sale.
- Buy, sell, or trade carbon emissions permits.
- Make transportation arrangements for sold or purchased commodities.
- Identify or pursue investment strategies related to the green economy, including green hedge funds, renewable energy markets, or clean technology investment opportunities.
- Write or sign sales order confirmation forms to record or approve security transactions.
- Reconcile account-related statements, such as quarterly or annual statements or confirmations.
- Report deficiencies in account payments, securities deliveries, or documentation requirements to avoid rule violations.
- Process paperwork for special orders, including margin or option purchases.
- Prepare financial reports, such as reviews of portfolio positions.
- Analyze target companies or investment opportunities to inform investment decisions.
- Develop or maintain supplier or customer relationships.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $86,190 with most people making between $33,760 and $168,710
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 11,610 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 12,380 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 77 openings due to growth and about 203 replacement openings for approximately 280 total annual openings.