Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. May use electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. May process credit or debit card transactions and validate checks.
- Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
- Cash checks for customers.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Issue trading stamps and redeem food stamps and coupons.
- Weigh items sold by weight to determine prices.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Post charges against guests' or patients' accounts.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: C.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $20,050 with most people making between $16,310 and $25,900
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 147,700 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 146,970 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 6,280 replacement openings for approximately 6,280 total annual openings.