Provide personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.
- Set up various apparatus or athletic equipment.
- Stencil identifying information on equipment.
- Report and document safety hazards, potentially hazardous conditions, and unsafe practices and procedures.
- Provide or arrange for services such as clothes pressing, cleaning, or repair.
- Issue gym clothes, uniforms, towels, athletic equipment, and special athletic apparel.
- Operate controls that regulate temperatures or room environments.
- Provide assistance to patrons by performing duties such as opening doors or carrying bags.
- Attend to needs of athletic teams in clubhouses.
- Maintain inventories of clothing or uniforms, accessories, equipment, or linens.
- Operate washing machines and dryers to clean soiled apparel and towels.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SEC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $23,730 with most people making between $16,640 and $33,540
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 840 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 900 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 6 openings due to growth and about 34 replacement openings for approximately 40 total annual openings.