Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
- Volunteer Services Specialist
- Visitor Services Technician
- Visitor Services Specialist
- Visitor Services Representative
- Visitor Services Coordinator
- Visitor Services Associate
- Visitor Services Assistant
- Visitor Service Assistant
- Ticket Taker
- Schedule or manage staff, such as volunteer usher corps.
- Page individuals wanted at the box office.
- Work with others to change advertising displays.
- Manage informational kiosks or displays of event signs or posters.
- Give door checks to patrons who are temporarily leaving establishments.
- Distribute programs to patrons.
- Verify credentials of patrons desiring entrance into press box and permit only authorized persons to enter.
- Manage inventory or sale of artist merchandise.
- Lead tours and answer visitors' questions about the exhibits.
- Count and record number of tickets collected.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SCE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Conventional and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $20,750 with most people making between $16,350 and $26,810
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 4,750 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 5,080 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 33 openings due to growth and about 297 replacement openings for approximately 330 total annual openings.
- Crossing Guards
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Couriers and Messengers