Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
- Theater Manager
- Spray Booth Operator
- Projector Operator
- Projector Booth Operator
- Projection Technician
- Moving Picture Operator
- Movie Projectionist
- Prepare film inspection reports, attendance sheets, and log books.
- Install and connect auxiliary equipment, such as microphones, amplifiers, disc playback machines, and lights.
- Coordinate equipment operation with presentation of supplemental material, such as music, oral commentaries, or sound effects.
- Operate special-effects equipment, such as stereopticons, to project pictures onto screens.
- Remove full take-up reels and run film through rewinding machines to rewind projected films so they may be shown again.
- Project motion pictures onto back screens for inclusion in scenes within film or stage productions.
- Set up and inspect curtain and screen controls.
- Observe projector operation to anticipate need to transfer operations from one projector to another.
- Open and close facilities according to rules and schedules.
- Perform minor repairs such as replacing worn sprockets, or notify maintenance personnel of the need for major repairs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: I.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Achievement and Independence in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $22,690 with most people making between $17,080 and $30,280
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 300 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 260 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.
- Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Sewing Machine Operators
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Helpers--Production Workers