Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
- Theater Manager
- Spray Booth Operator
- Projector Operator
- Projector Booth Operator
- Projection Technician
- Moving Picture Operator
- Movie Projectionist
- Prepare film inspection reports, attendance sheets, and log books.
- Install and connect auxiliary equipment, such as microphones, amplifiers, disc playback machines, and lights.
- Coordinate equipment operation with presentation of supplemental material, such as music, oral commentaries, or sound effects.
- Operate special-effects equipment, such as stereopticons, to project pictures onto screens.
- Remove full take-up reels and run film through rewinding machines to rewind projected films so they may be shown again.
- Project motion pictures onto back screens for inclusion in scenes within film or stage productions.
- Set up and inspect curtain and screen controls.
- Observe projector operation to anticipate need to transfer operations from one projector to another.
- Open and close facilities according to rules and schedules.
- Perform minor repairs such as replacing worn sprockets, or notify maintenance personnel of the need for major repairs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Achievement and Independence in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $22,690 with most people making between $17,080 and $30,280
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 300 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 260 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.
- Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Sewing Machine Operators
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Helpers--Production Workers