Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
- Stewardess Supervisor
- Shop Supervisor
- Shop Manager
- Service Superintendent
- Salon Manager
- Salon Leader
- Rides Supervisor
- Residential Care Facility Manager
- Residential Assistant
- Resident Care Supervisor
- Direct marketing, advertising, or other customer recruitment efforts.
- Inform workers about interests or special needs of specific groups.
- Furnish customers with information on events or activities.
- Participate in continuing education to stay abreast of industry trends and developments.
- Analyze and record personnel or operational data and write related activity reports.
- Requisition necessary supplies, equipment, or services.
- Apply customer feedback to service improvement efforts.
- Take disciplinary action to address performance problems.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of workers, such as flight attendants, hotel staff, or hair stylists.
- Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $37,440 with most people making between $22,940 and $56,140
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 11,350 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 12,520 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 117 openings due to growth and about 213 replacement openings for approximately 330 total annual openings.
- Food Service Managers
- Gaming Managers
- Lodging Managers
- Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Residential Advisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators