Welcome patrons, seat them at tables or in lounge, and help ensure quality of facilities and service.
- Perform marketing and advertising services.
- Plan parties or other special events and services.
- Confer with other staff to help plan establishments' menus.
- Prepare staff work schedules.
- Prepare cash receipts after establishments close, and make bank deposits.
- Hire, train, and supervise food and beverage service staff.
- Assist with preparing and serving food and beverages.
- Order or requisition supplies and equipment for tables and serving stations.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service.
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $20,530 with most people making between $16,330 and $28,320
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 14,850 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 15,860 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 101 openings due to growth and about 1,059 replacement openings for approximately 1,160 total annual openings.