Prepare or serve specialty coffee or other beverages. Serve food such as baked goods or sandwiches to patrons.
- Sales Associate
- Gourmet Coffee Attendant
- Coffee Sommelier
- Coffee Shop Attendant
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Bar Attendant
- Catering Barista
- Bar Manager
- Create signs to advertise store products or events.
- Demonstrate the use of retail equipment, such as espresso machines.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Slice fruits, vegetables, desserts, or meats for use in food service.
- Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Take out garbage.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $19,360 with most people making between $16,130 and $24,880
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 11,780 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 12,390 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 61 openings due to growth and about 709 replacement openings for approximately 770 total annual openings.