Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $22,760 with most people making between $16,600 and $31,040
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,470 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 1,460 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 30 replacement openings for approximately 30 total annual openings.
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Gaming Dealers
- Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Library Assistants, Clerical
- Postal Service Clerks
- Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Office Clerks, General