Prepare, plan, and operate multimedia teaching aids for use in education. May record, catalogue, and file materials.
- Visual Specialist
- Visual Education Director
- Visual Coordinator
- Video Technician
- Video Coordinator
- Television Technician
- Technology Specialist
- Programmer Analyst
- Production Technician
- Multimedia Specialist
- Narrate presentations and productions.
- Develop preproduction ideas and incorporate them into outlines, scripts, story boards, and graphics.
- Locate and secure settings, properties, effects, and other production necessities.
- Construct and position properties, sets, lighting equipment, and other equipment.
- Produce rough and finished graphics and graphic designs.
- Offer presentations and workshops on the role of multimedia in effective presentations.
- Confer with teachers to select course materials and to determine which training aids are best suited to particular grade levels.
- Develop manuals, texts, workbooks, or related materials for use in conjunction with production materials.
- Attend conventions and conferences, read trade journals, and communicate with industry insiders to keep abreast of industry developments.
- Acquire, catalog, and maintain collections of audio-visual material such as films, video- and audio-tapes, photographs, and software programs.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $46,750 with most people making between $31,830 and $71,150
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 240 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 250 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1 openings due to growth and about -1 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Radiologic Technologists
- Radiologic Technicians
- Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Fire Inspectors
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Medical Appliance Technicians