Teach courses in childcare, family relations, finance, nutrition, and related subjects pertaining to home management. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
- Weaving Professor
- Textiles and Clothing Teacher
- Tailoring Teacher
- Sewing Teacher
- Professor of Family and Nutrition Sciences
- Nutrition Program Instructor
- Nutrition Instructor
- Nutrition Faculty Member
- Nutrition and Dietetics Instructor
- Provide professional consulting services to government or industry.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Act as advisers to student organizations.
- Perform administrative duties, such as serving as department head.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SAE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Artistic and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Sociology and Anthropology - Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $79,150 with most people making between $34,190 and $132,550
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 120 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 100 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 0 replacement openings for approximately 0 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation
- Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
- Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Library Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Teachers, Postsecondary
- Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
- English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- Foreign Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- History Teachers, Postsecondary
- Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary
- Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education