Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
- Value Stream Manager
- Tool Room Supervisor
- Test Technician
- Support Technician
- Solar Hot Water Heater Manufacturing Technician
- Service Technician
- Semiconductor Processing Equipment Production Technician
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician
- Quality Technician
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Ship packages, following carrier specifications.
- Build packaging for finished products.
- Separate scrap or waste materials for recycling, reuse, or environmentally sound disposal.
- Package finished products.
- Collect hazardous or nonhazardous waste or scrap materials in correctly labeled barrels or other containers.
- Clean scrap materials for recycling or reuse, such as preparing aluminum scrap for cold-bonding processes or preparing paper for pulping or ink removal processes.
- Transfer hazardous or nonhazardous waste materials to collection areas for disposal, recycling, or reuse.
- Conduct environmental safety inspections in accordance with standard protocols to ensure that production activities comply with environmental regulations or standards.
- Clean production equipment or work areas.
- Maintain inventory of job materials.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: IA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests, but also prefer Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Achievement in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $56,950 with most people making between $31,640 and $91,170
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,970 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 1,990 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 2 openings due to growth and about 48 replacement openings for approximately 50 total annual openings.
- Broadcast Technicians
- Histotechnologists and Histologic Technicians
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Radio Mechanics
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Gas Plant Operators
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation