Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
- Website Optimization Strategist
- Web User Experience Strategist
- Web Marketing Strategist
- Web Analyst
- Usability Strategist
- Social Media Strategist
- Senior Search Engine Optimization Specialist (Senior SEO Specialist)
- Senior Search Engine Optimization Associate (Senior SEO Associate)
- Search Strategist
- Search Marketing Specialist
- Keep abreast of government regulations and emerging Web technology to ensure regulatory compliance by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Identify methods for interfacing Web application technologies with enterprise resource planning or other system software.
- Identify and develop commercial or technical specifications, such as usability, pricing, checkout, or data security, to promote transactional internet-enabled commerce functionality.
- Assist in the development of online transactional or security policies.
- Identify, evaluate, or procure hardware or software for implementing online marketing campaigns.
- Prepare electronic commerce designs or prototypes, such as storyboards, mock-ups, or other content, using graphics design software.
- Develop transactional Web applications, using Web programming software and knowledge of programming languages, such as hypertext markup language (HTML) and extensible markup language (XML).
- Resolve product availability problems in collaboration with customer service staff.
- Implement online customer service processes to ensure positive and consistent user experiences.
- Assist in the evaluation or negotiation of contracts with vendors or online partners.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Support in their jobs.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $87,850 with most people making between $51,730 and $127,160
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 7,480 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 7,730 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 25 openings due to growth and about 95 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation