Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
- SVP, Research and Strategic Analysis
- Senior Market Intelligence Consultant
- Senior Analyst-Market Intelligence
- Senior Analyst, Competitive Intelligence
- Reports Analyst
- Reports Analysis Manager
- Reporting Analyst
- Records Analysis Manager
- Principal Strategist
- Marketing Database Analyst
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, dashboards, or other outputs.
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements.
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Identify or monitor current and potential customers, using business intelligence tools.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: IEC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Recognition in their jobs.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $87,850 with most people making between $51,730 and $127,160
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 7,480 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 7,730 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 25 openings due to growth and about 95 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation