Manage web environment design, deployment, development and maintenance activities. Perform testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
- Web Specialist
- Web Site Project Manager
- Web Site Manager
- Web Site Administrator
- Web Operations Specialist
- Web Manager
- Web Coordinator
- Web Content Manager
- Web Content Coordinator
- Test new software packages for use in Web operations or other applications.
- Evaluate testing routines or procedures for adequacy, sufficiency, and effectiveness.
- Develop testing routines and procedures.
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on Web servers or Web sites.
- Check and analyze operating system or application log files regularly to verify proper system performance.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for home pages, including print advertising or advertisement rotation.
- Develop or document style guidelines for Web site content.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Perform user testing or usage analyses to determine Web sites' effectiveness or usability.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Working Conditions and Independence in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Programming - Writing computer programs for various purposes.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $87,850 with most people making between $51,730 and $127,160
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 7,480 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 7,730 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 25 openings due to growth and about 95 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation