Address organizational sustainability issues, such as waste stream management, green building practices, and green procurement plans.
- Water Resources Project Manager
- Sustainable Design Coordinator
- Sustainable Design Consultant
- Sustainable Business Operations Specialist
- Sustainability Specialist
- Sustainability Project Manager
- Sustainability Officer
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Sustainability Consultant
- Sustainability Coach
- Identify or investigate violations of natural resources, waste management, recycling, or other environmental policies.
- Identify or create new sustainability indicators.
- Write grant applications, rebate applications, or project proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects.
- Create marketing or outreach media, such as brochures or web sites, to communicate sustainability issues, procedures, or objectives.
- Identify or procure needed resources to implement sustainability programs or projects.
- Develop reports or presentations to communicate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives.
- Collect information about waste stream management or green building practices to inform decision-makers.
- Review and revise sustainability proposals or policies.
- Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
- Monitor or track sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ACS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Artistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $75,390 with most people making between $43,780 and $109,610
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 17,600 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 18,010 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 41 openings due to growth and about 209 replacement openings for approximately 250 total annual openings.