Conduct programs of compensation and benefits and job analysis for employer. May specialize in specific areas, such as position classification and pension programs.
- Wage Conciliator
- Wage and Salary Specialist
- Wage Analyst
- Wage Adjuster
- Union Contract Representative
- Salary and Wage Administrator
- Retirement Plan Specialist
- Relocation Director
- Reimbursement Specialist
- Rating Officer
- Speak at conferences and events to promote apprenticeships and related training programs.
- Prepare research results for publication in form of journals, books, manuals, and film.
- Work with the Department of Labor and promote its use with employers.
- Plan and develop curricula and materials for training programs and conduct training.
- Review occupational data on Alien Employment Certification Applications to determine the appropriate occupational title and code, and provide local offices with information about immigration and occupations.
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers, and mediate labor disputes and grievances.
- Advise staff of individuals' qualifications.
- Develop, implement, administer and evaluate personnel and labor relations programs, including performance appraisal, affirmative action, and employment equity programs.
- Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.
- Administer employee insurance, pension and savings plans, working with insurance brokers and plan carriers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: C.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Achievement in their jobs.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $66,320 with most people making between $40,430 and $97,840
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 3,730 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 3,870 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 14 openings due to growth and about 96 replacement openings for approximately 110 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation