Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
- Support the development of training materials and technical manuals.
- Direct and support the compilation and analysis of technical source data necessary for product development.
- Participate in the assessment and review of design alternatives and design change proposal impacts.
- Plan, organize, and execute logistics support activities, such as maintenance planning, repair analysis, and test equipment recommendations.
- Perform system lifecycle cost analysis and develop component studies.
- Manage the logistical aspects of product life cycles, including coordination or provisioning of samples, and the minimization of obsolescence.
- Provide project management services, including the provision and analysis of technical data.
- Develop and implement technical project management tools, such as plans, schedules, and responsibility and compliance matrices.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes.
- Protect and control proprietary materials.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Independence, but also value Achievement and Recognition in their jobs.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2017, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $78,350 with most people making between $50,020 and $110,880
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 5,100 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 5,360 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 26 openings due to growth and about 74 replacement openings for approximately 100 total annual openings.
- Treasurers and Controllers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Financial Examiners
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers