Represent and promote artists, performers, and athletes in dealings with current or prospective employers. May handle contract negotiation and other business matters for clients.
- Hire trainers or coaches to advise clients on performance matters such as training techniques or performance presentations.
- Obtain information about or inspect performance facilities, equipment, and accommodations to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Advise clients on financial and legal matters such as investments and taxes.
- Prepare periodic accounting statements for clients.
- Arrange meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
- Conduct auditions or interviews to evaluate potential clients.
- Manage business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Keep informed of industry trends and deals.
- Negotiate with managers, promoters, union officials, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations.
- Schedule promotional or performance engagements for clients.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ES.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $55,350 with most people making between $20,080 and $84,460
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 210 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 210 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 10 replacement openings for approximately 10 total annual openings.