Lead or manage the development and evaluation of potential wind energy business opportunities, including environmental studies, permitting, and proposals. May also manage construction of projects.
- Wind Projects Supervisor
- Wind Project Manager
- Wind Power Project Manager
- Wind Energy Project Manager
- Wind Development Director
- Renewable Project Management and Construction Director
- Renewable Energy Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Development Leader
- Project Developer
- Provide technical support for the design, construction, or commissioning of wind farm projects.
- Prepare requests for proposals (RFPs) for wind project construction or equipment acquisition.
- Review civil design, engineering, or construction technical documentation to ensure compliance with applicable government or industrial codes, standards, requirements, or regulations.
- Prepare wind project documentation, including diagrams or layouts.
- Manage site assessments or environmental studies for wind fields.
- Review or evaluate proposals or bids to make recommendations regarding awarding of contracts.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of applications for environmental, building, or other required permits.
- Update schedules, estimates, forecasts, or budgets for wind projects.
- Provide verbal or written project status reports to project teams, management, subcontractors, customers, or owners.
- Develop scope of work for wind project functions, such as design, site assessment, environmental studies, surveying, or field support services.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: CA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests, but also prefer Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Recognition in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $119,690 with most people making between $66,280 and $177,660
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 21,910 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 22,210 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 30 openings due to growth and about 480 replacement openings for approximately 510 total annual openings.