Plan, direct, or coordinate investment strategy or operations for a large pool of liquid assets supplied by institutional investors or individual investors.
- Direct activities of accounting or operations departments.
- Identify group or individual target investors for a specific fund.
- Review offering documents or marketing materials to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Verify regulatory compliance of transaction reporting.
- Analyze acquisitions to ensure conformance with strategic goals or regulatory requirements.
- Develop or direct development of offering documents or marketing materials.
- Monitor regulatory or tax law changes to ensure fund compliance or to capitalize on development opportunities.
- Hire or evaluate staff.
- Evaluate the potential of new product developments or market opportunities, according to factors such as business plans, technologies, or market potential.
- Prepare for and respond to regulatory inquiries.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Recognition and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $119,690 with most people making between $66,280 and $177,660
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 21,910 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 22,210 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 30 openings due to growth and about 480 replacement openings for approximately 510 total annual openings.