Communicate and coordinate with management, shareholders, customers, and employees to address sustainability issues. Enact or oversee a corporate sustainability strategy.
- Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability (VP CSR and Sustainability)
- Sustainability Research and Advocacy Director
- Sustainability Manager
- Sustainability Executive Director
- Sustainability Director
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Supply Chain Manager, Sustainability and Energy
- Stakeholder Manager
- Safety Manager
- Environmental and Sustainability Manager
- Write and distribute financial or environmental impact reports.
- Write project proposals, grant applications, or other documents to pursue funding for environmental initiatives.
- Conduct sustainability- or environment-related risk assessments.
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the sustainability research agenda.
- Formulate or implement sustainability campaign or marketing strategies.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for supplier, employee, academia, media, government, public interest, or other groups.
- Identify educational, training, or other development opportunities for sustainability employees or volunteers.
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
- Create and maintain sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: EIC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Investigative and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Independence and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
In 2016, the average annual wage in Pennsylvania was $208,150
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 14,820 people in Pennsylvania. It is projected that there will be 14,400 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 250 replacement openings for approximately 250 total annual openings.